Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Peace in 2008



Happy New Year 2008! A blog wouldn't be complete without some thoughts about resolutions. For my personal resolutions, I tend to shy away from huge behavior changes and instead lean toward positive affirmations and to continue my own journey of more love, less fear.

Some recent thoughts or mantras:

* Everyone has a story. Release judgment, focus on flexibility.
* Release anxiety and worry, open yourself to love and possibility.
* Gentle grace.
* Let in love.
* Give thanks.

These are just a few thoughts that have popped up recently in my life and in my own daily writing exercise. I'll piggyback Elizabeth Gilbert, author of Eat Pray Love, and suggest her daily writing exercise. This ritual works wonders:

* Write this sentence and fill in the blank: "I really really really want...." Don't be afraid to write everything and anything.
* Write your happiest moment of everyday. Let it remind you of what truly nourishes you.
* Write your daily mantra. It can change from day to day, or it can remain the same all week long. You can have one mantra or ten. Make it positive. Let in the love.

Peace in 2008.




No comments: