Monday, September 21, 2009

Baby Anna Caroline



My sister had her third child on Friday afternoon at 3:40pm. "Anna Caroline" weighed 7 pounds and 11 ounces, 20 inches long. Even though she's a healthy weight, she's still so tiny yet so MIGHTY! I'm always in awe over newborns. And, perhaps I'm biased because she's my niece and my namesake, but it's amazing how someone so little and so new can be so peaceful and seem, like I said, so mighty!
And, I'm in awe not only about the baby but also my sister - and new mothers in general. The resilience and wisdom - I hope we're all blessed with those gifts.
The first photo is Nick, my fiance, holding Anna while she decides to stick out her tongue. (She must know he can take some teasing!) The second photo is my sister Judith holding her baby. Maybe more photos to come, but I couldn't resist a) showing off my new niece and b) sharing the miracle of new life.

1 comment:

Kathianne said...

Congratulations Auntie! She is so lucky to be named after such a sweet and caring woman.