Monday, July 07, 2008

You are enough, You do enough, You have enough

Some days I am blank. Just blank. Don't know what to write and just feel absolutely stuck in the downtime of my afternoons when I'm trying to decide what to do next: write, watch a dvd for training ideas, tackle my to-do list, write a new to-do list!

Jane Green, I suppose I can say my favorite author (www.janegreen.com), updates her blog on facebook and her homepage almost daily. I'm so jealous of her ability to write so richly - she paints pictures with words about her life, her parties, her book signings, her bits of stress, her daily musings. A plus: She's so completely honest, and real, and down-to-earth, none of that I-am-almighty-stylishly-perfect-and-proper (though I think she is quite fantastic in many categories - can you tell?). I want to have tea with her everyday!

Instead of wishing I were Jane, or wishing I were building the charming house with the charming man (that's kind of a joke - I like my apartment, and I like my own fella) - I can be okay with me. I can be okay that when I opened Blogger to write, I had not a clue what I was going to say, but I just knew that writing would feed me in some way. I even thumbed through a couple "writing" books to give me some creative ideas, which would require a little more effort than 10 minutes, so afterall I wrote about my idol.

Funny how people pop into your life to remind you how to live:

*Jane Green's books and daily blog writing remind me to keep it real - live richly, love others deeply, stay true to yourself.

*A woman from the gym, Nura, whom I've not seen in forever, used to encourage me in a bright, loving, carefree way: "Caroline, do what you want to do - don't do what you should do. Life is too short."

*Becky Lewis, my favorite college professor, reminds me to write details - to keep up with the creative nonfiction - that everyone has a story to tell, and there's no right way or wrong way to tell it. To live and love courageously.

*Another woman I see weekly reminds me that all is well. Her presence is enough to confirm that the mystery of life and beauty of life go hand-in-hand. All is well.

And, a quote I found recently says it all:

You are enough.
You do enough.
You have enough.
All this comes by just being you. Present in the very moment.

*author unknown

No comments: