Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Body Never Lies ~ Martha Graham




I surprisingly have some extra time this morning, so I'd like to share some Martha Graham quotes:


~ Nothing is more revealing than movement.

~ The body is a sacred garment.

~ The body is your instrument in dance, but your art is outside that creature, the body.

~ The body never lies.

~ The body says what words cannot.


All five force me to slow down and think. And, then I pause, breathe, think, feel and breathe. And, then I return to typing because I want to finish this post, turn up some music, finish cleaning, move, breathe and be free in my own body. I feel ready to move, to feel joy, to give thanks, to be present.


All five can be great writing prompts wherever you are. You might be in a light, energetic, focused mode. A slow, depressed, low mode. An anxious, heart-thumping mode. A middle-of-the-road, mundane Wednesday mode.


Wherever you are, what messages might your body be telling you? What stories lie within your body, your bones, your cells? And, how can you take care or honor what your body is telling you?

No comments: