Thursday, October 29, 2009

Are You Nourished?



Confession time. I haven't been nourishing myself. And, I mean in a creative way. Lately, I've been racing from here to there for work; creating wedding to-do lists consisting of my shorthand re: dj, photog, gifts, first dance; then, all of a sudden it's tax time again, and I'm talking aloud for two hours to Quickbooks Online as if it's a friend (but most of the time a foe!).


So, for anyone who might read this blog, who might enjoy learning about moderate, flexible and balanced exercise and all the tidbits I like to string along with that topic, I apologize for being absent. I'm always open to questions and writing topic ideas, so send 'em my way. Otherwise, you might be waiting until after December!


In the meantime, I found a lovely speech talking about nourishing your creativity. You've probably read Eat Pray Love, so you're probably familiar with Elizabeth Gilbert. I used to do a daily writing exercise she suggested a couple years ago, and I've even let that go. So, if you're like me - if you tend to get a little "out of sorts" (okay, let's call it what it is) - If you tend to get a bit bitchy when you don't nourish yourself in a proper creative way, take her advice and use your God-given gifts. Why not??!!




I've got a little creative idea up my sleeve for the weekend (on top of two parties, maybe three, and lots of housework) - I hope to share it with you next week. Until then, think about all the ways you truly nourish yourself (while vitamins and antioxidants are great, I'm talking about nourishment other than food). Think about it, then treat yourself.

1 comment:

Kathianne said...

I hope you're back to nourishing yourself now! You know where to look/go when you need a nourishing reminder!