Friday, April 24, 2009

POWERFit videos review

I just finished viewing Stephanie Huckabee's new 5-dvd exercise dvds POWERFit. I actually did the Legs and Shoulders dvd, and the 20 minutes flew by! (You can see my initial post directly below when I announced the production and selling of this new workout series.)



Once again, these videos are 20-minutes max each. 20 minutes. You read right. Stephanie uses the "split" approach meaning the workouts are designed to target different areas of the body in lieu of a total-body workout. She also emphasizes the idea to be kind to your body, that you don't need to beat yourself up to make movement count. (Kudos to her!)



This 20-minute approach is refreshing and friendly to beginners and to those who might need an energy boost. I felt a nice warmth move through me as my body heated up and my breath deepened. I finished the workout feeling energized (i.e. ready to clean my apartment!) but not the least bit exhausted (I've still got energy to take my very favorite step class this Friday afternoon - woo!).



However, if you're truly needing and looking for a stress-busting session, you'll need to combine two dvds, bump up exercises to more advanced versions, or do another form of movement to release more energy. Like I've said before, I'm not a trainer who wants to "whip you into shape". I take a more gentle approach. Yet, from my years of enjoying a variety of movement through teaching and taking classes, and my time spent being trained to teach, I'm personally conditioned to take it up a notch when my spirit's soaring and my body's ready to go!....I wish the same for you!

To order POWERFit, these are the two places that will have more videos available in May:

www.qvc.com

http://www.collagevideo.com/searchresults.aspx?type=all&search=powerfit

No comments: