Sunday, August 15, 2010

What is Your Word?




I'm not giving anything away by saying that in the movie Eat Pray Love, Elizabeth Gilbert shares an inside "joke" of sorts with her Italian friends that goes like this: "What is your word?" Then, you have to think of a word that describes yourself or an object besides the person/object's real name. For example, for California, you might say its word is "wine". Or, for Vince Vaughn, I'd say his word would be "adorable" (this is all subjective, ok?). Or, Mother Theresa, "generous". Make sense?


What would your word be? Think about it. And, just one word that makes sense in all or most areas of your life. I won't spoil it by telling EG's word -- you've gotta see the movie all the way to the end. :)


My word -- Connected. And, I don't mean I'm connected in the name-dropping sense. I just mean I try to stay connected to myself, my heart, my breath, my body, and special loved ones on a daily basis. It takes reminding and practice, and I'm completely human -- I slip up and forget sometimes. And, while I have tended to navel gaze quite a few times in my life, I don't believe connected always means to be so deep and serious. Simply present, hopeful, mindful and living with good intentions.


So, how are you connected? To your breath, your self, your body, your heart, your loved ones?



1 comment:

Kathianne said...

Such a wonderful question. I'm going to think on it and come back and let you know. : )